The southern part of Namibia was again a fantastic experience; We are already thinking about our next (forth) journey through the country. The accommodations were all superb; unfortunately in the Fish river area it was almost unbearably hot, but the road conditions no problem. When the longing becomes unbearable, we shall contact you again for the next trip.
Greetings from Austria
Hans & Christa T - Oct 2019
Requirements for Tourists to enter Namibia (valid until 15th Oct 2021)
- Upon boarding your flight overseas for Namibia make sure you have a Travel Insurance! Vaccination or PCR Tests need to be printed on paper and written in english. These requirements will be checked by the airline.
- For Namibia present a negative Covid-19 PCR Test( NO AntiGen Test allowed) which may not be older than 7 days (from the date the sample has been taken); SA only PCR Tests with a validity of max 72h! Botswana & Zimbabwe, PCR Test not oplder than 48 STD; When travelling by car from Namibia to SA, a Rapid test to enter South Africa can be taken at the Noordoewer Border.
- In Namibia Face Masks must be worn at all public places (exept when eating)
- A Health Questionnaire (download at namibiatourism.com.na) must be filled in & handed in on arrival.
- Tourists can proceed on their tour - for returning to the country of residence different rules apply to different countries. Windhoek is well equipped to do PCR & AntiGen Tests for your return journey (even with quick (3-24 hours) results if necessary)
- Positiv Covid-19 tested Tourists are not allowed into Namibia (only if returning citizens/residents are positiv, they can go into Quarantine in Namibia)
- Entry is allowed through all Airports, the Ariamsvlei & Noordoewer (SA) Borderpost as well as Ngoma (Chobe/Bots), Buitepos/Mamuno (towards Transkalahari/Botswana) and Katima/Wenela (Zambia) borderpost.
- These Rules are subject to changes depending on Covid 19 cases in the country
Following airlines fly from Germany into the capital Windhoek: EUROWINGS & ETHIOPEAN AirlinesRead more ...